As a participant in the Artists in Learning Mentoring Scheme, funded by the Northamptonshire County Council Arts Development Team I taken part in a wealth of training to help me develop as a Creative Practitioner. See Insurance, Training and Qualifications
Some of the Projects I have worked on as a Creative Practitioner are:
Poetry and songwriting workshops Abbeyfield School, June 2011.
A combined Science, Art and Creative Writing (SAW) whole school project at Walgrave Primary School in November, 2010.
I run a regular creative writing workshops with young people in Northampton Central Library.
I deliver creative writing taster sessions with secondary school children across Northamptonshire.
I specialise at linking poetry with song writing, children with specific learning differences and utilising modern technology to create and access poetry. I engage underachievers by way of:
- ICT and social media
- Musical subcultures
- Personal Experience
The outcomes of these workshops are to:
- Enable youth voice through encouragement and engagement with creative reading and writing practices.
- Generate positive attitudes to poetry and learning.
- Allow students to question and explore many possibilities.
- Link in with the different themes connected to PHSE.
- Support Education Professionals in their personal development and understanding of poetry.
My workshops can be tailored to fit many different areas of the curriculum and I also work in partnership with other Creative Practitioners to create inspiring, engaging and enjoyable sessions.